Monday, July 25, 2011

2 months!

I just realized as I wrote the date down today that is has been 2 months since I picked up my little wiggle-butt from the hospital. What a two months it has been! Accomplishments include:
  • Sleeping through the night (week 4!)
  • Not spitting up (except when Bebe overfeeds her which has been a while)
  • Expressing her hatred of heat and humidity
  • Shoving her fist in her mouth
  • Letting out a loud scream of frustration when said fist will not fit all the way in mouth.
  • The most hysterical lilting "ooooh!" when she hears/sees something she really likes. Fun when reading or singing to her.
  • Giving the biggest smiles ever, even when waking up with a wet diaper and empty belly at 5 am.
Speaking of singing, I just serenaded her with a silly rendition of "One" from A Chorus Line (hey, knowledge of the classics of Broadway is crucial!) as I was changing her and had her in a constant state of a face-splitting grin and squeals of laughter.

Yeah, and you think I'm going to get homework down with this kind of audience around?

~*~*~*~*~

Again, I wish I could post pictures because for her actual two month birthday last week, I managed to get the most incredible photo of her. Asleep of course since school just wore us out and being awake for a photo shoot was not going to happen. But I promise you, I'm not one to brag about my photog skills (which I do have), but this picture rocks, and is going to be printed up on a canvas no matter what.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd not be doing homework either ;) It must be hard to get much done when all you want to do is stare at her and make her smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are big accomplishments! She sounds like the best baby. She's a lucky little girl to have you in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeping thru the night at 4 weeks, you're a superstar! Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete